Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year...New Word

  It is the sweet simple things in life which are the real ones after all. 


 Well with 2015 ending in a whirlwind, I find that I truly am blessed, which I already knew.  Last year we did not get to celebrate the holiday season due to a tragic illness with my daughter, which almost took her precious life.  We are grateful each and every day that she is now well and we made a good time of it this year, checking things off of her bucket list, like standing in 3 states at once on New Year's Eve day, playing the lottery with the numbers from a fortune cookie, right up until New Year's Day when she pulled out a roman candle to set off at midnight!  SWEET!

And now, as the days roll on into 2016, I find myself flustered at all the hoopla that went into decorating, cooking, baking, etc, for the Christmas season.  Mostly trying to find things that have gone by the wayside while running around like a nut to train stations and airports to drop off and retrieve the "littles" who are all grown up now with lives of their own away from the homestead!

I NEED ORDER IN MY LIFE!
And since it has all come and gone in the blink of an eye, I do not want to take it all down and pack it all back up again.  It's just too pretty.  But it is time.  It is time to pare down. 
So, my word and mission for this New Year 2016 is SIMPLIFY!  

I have wood burned it into a piece of cedar shake snagged from the Little World's Fair and I have begun the process.  Keep it simple...keep it real!
IT'S ALL GOOD!

Hanging out with Kara today, who has the Spirit of Simplicity down...stop by to say "HELLO"!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like last year was really really tough for you. I'm so happy you got to enjoy last year to the fullest with your daughter! :)
    Simplify your life is a wonderful goal. I strongly believe it makes a huge difference because we learn what matters!
    Here's to an amazing, simple 2016 full of love and things that matter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us! I have purposely lived a simple life for quite a few years now. Well, my life is not as simple as it could be but I try to keep the overall theme of simplify, simplify.

    ReplyDelete