Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude

A friend of mine wrote about an ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE in the church bulletin and it resonated with me deeply.  The daily practice of gratitude is essential if we are to connect to one another in the Universe.  Now more than ever, we must reach out to one another, extend a hand, a greeting, share a smile and simply acknowledge that we share this place on this Earth, and that we should strive to make it a peaceable kingdom for ourselves and those around us.  These are very simple gestures, but can be very powerful on the receiving end. 

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, because it presents a formality of that which I personally practice each and every single day, without fail.  Even in the light of turmoil, or strife, because it allows me to adjust my attitude or the nature of that which may be presenting itself as some sort of obstacle.  

Giving thanks is a release of anguish, and an invitation to peace.
Afterall, Thanksgiving IS for giving thanks...and there is always something to be thankful for!  And if you have doubts, get a camera and go out of doors, and capture a moment with Mother Nature.  You might be surprised what you see at the end of the lens. 

And as we approach the Christmas Season, I am always reminded of my favorite Christmas show...Charlie Brown's Christmas and these very special words from Linus to Charlie Brown...

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace,
 good will toward men."    

Now, more than ever, let it be so.

Linking up with Kara for Tuesday Afternoons...stop by to say "hello"!

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that Thanksgiving isn't my favorite holiday. It seems like a lot of work for very little payback....I am, however, constantly amazed and humbled by the abundance of blessings I have to be thankful for. And, I just love that part of Charlie Brown. I used to have a greeting card that had a little button you could push to hear Linus saying it. I saved it for years....

    ReplyDelete