Tuesday, January 7, 2020

NO PLACE LIKE HOME


It's a brand new year...a brand new decade!

And for all of the times that I have chosen a word to try and help me through a new year, a focus on something that was important...there's always an excuse, right?

Well, afterall they were just words...
And since I have chosen the word "simplify" many times, without much success, I have a new way of looking at it.

The baby "little" (not so little) has left the nest, and the empty nest syndrome is quite wonderful.  Hubby and I have done our best duties in the best role of our lives...parents!  

All 3 littles, college educated, and thankfully all gainfully employed...WITH BENEFITS!  WHEW!

However, seeing them all on the homefront for the swift holiday season, I am left with "what do I do now?"  

Hubby and I took a stroll just before midnight on New Year's Eve, walking through our lovely woods with cool rescue dog, and standing back and looking at our wonderful home all lit up for the holidays, it occurred to me, that since we bought the house and moved in 16 years ago, we never even finished the renovations that were started on it by the previous owner.

Private college got in the way financially with that goal.  And then, little #2, and #3 set off to college in due time, too.  

So, here we were standing back enjoying the view of our lit up house on the eve of 2020, and it hit me...
HOME...

For that is what I told each of my littles when they flew the coup.  
HOME IS WHERE MOM IS!  
I even bought myself a little plaque that says that...and made sure they all could see it.

(I even removed the one from Aunt Barbi that said...
"No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes!")

Feeling abit lost without all the hustle and bustle, I decided it was time to finish the house...but first I have to unload all of their belongings that they left behind.  And they all got notice...
ANYTHING LEFT BEHIND is fair game!  

Now, I am not talking about the "treasures", you know, the hand written scribbles and art work, and even some of their fancy little baby clothes.  

I am talking about all the crap that they dumped when they graduated college and didn't apparently need anymore!  

Thankfully, the fancy boots and clothes have been re-claimed...some even by ME!  

And that's where that little word HOME leads ME...

TO ME...  afterall, ME is in the word HOME!  

So, my focus now is on the HOME...AND IN THE HOME IT IS FINALLY ME TIME!!!  

YAY!  GO ME!  

Stay tuned!!!  
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Well, home is where my family lives. My daughter is still to little to leave us, but I know that this day will come. But even the, there still will be her home :)

    ReplyDelete