Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Birds of a feather...

As Summer rolls right into Autumn, I find myself gathering...  I've been gathering odds and ends that have been tossed around in my studio (aka dining room), and creating these little journals.  Measuring a mere 4-1/2" x 6", I do have a collection of them that I roll out at local festivals for sale, and some are gifted to special friends.  I recently gifted one of my mini journals to a friend who teaches "Creative Writing".  And boy can she write...poetry, short stories, she's an excellent teacher. What better prompt for a great short story than this cover.  Denim, tattered lace, vintage button and papers...
turn the page...
 36 pages are all coffee stained, and I've included a couple pockets with a couple journaling cards.

yes...turn the page...tell your story...
 

back cover
It all ties up with a black suede strap to hold your secrets tight!
What story could you tell in here as you...turn the page???





 



4 comments:

  1. What a lovely journal you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Vicki, what a beautiful lovely creative 'object' to make! Anyone would be inspired to tell their/a story within the confines of such a treasured creation. I also created notebook/journals some Christmases back as gifts for a few treasured friends and family. Small black spiral bound notebook, black pages, a few hand written selected quotes on the odd page written in silver - the silver pen was part of the gift - a few small simple paintings done by me. So, this took me fondly back. Your journals are exquisite. Aloha! Hope you're having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely and perfect for storing precious memories!
    Thanks for sharing and visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a delight to see your journals Vicki. They are worthy of recording the most magical of thoughts.

    ReplyDelete