Friday, May 3, 2013

Sometimes, Let's Just Blow Bubbles


“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.”
 ~Henry David Thoreau

The peaceful, easy feeling continues.  It is necessary if I am going to make it through these next few months of the last child of three, graduating high school and going off to college.  The way I see it now is that, although the years have gone by in the blink of an eye, I am relieved to the point of letting go.  For, while it has not all been fun and games and the blowing of bubbles, (even if that is still my favorite pastime with all of my children), we have made it so far in such a very short time. She is ready to fly. 

Roots and Wings

The soul searching that comes with the awareness of the upcoming "empty nest syndrome" that everyone talks about is bringing me to a higher plain.  It is allowing me to see that I am at the beginning of a new phase of life. Actually, I am realizing that each and every day I wake up, is the beginning of a new phase of life.  Oh so cliche, I know, but it is so true when you stop to think of the alternative!

HELLO...I AM ALIVE!  Whether the sun is shining or the clouds are cleansing themselves with the shedding of their tears, it is a brand new day!  And the possibilities are endless!  So, I'm gonna GO FOR IT!  (Well, yes, I still have to go to work, and do the grocery shopping, blah, blah, blah...) Remember...the alternative.  And don't forget these words by Ruth Reardon...

Sometimes,
let's just blow bubbles,
For no good reason,
let's just blow bubbles.
Laugh a little, watch them disappear,
not even wonder where.
Smile and touch the rainbow colors
watch them float in the air.
No reason why--
no goals--no structure.
Sometimes...
let's just
blow bubbles...

YES ~ IT'S ALL GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment